Plan of Holy Island with [ancient] Enclosures; Previous to the Enclosure of the Common. 1792
Surveyed by Thomas Wilkin, one of the Crown Commissioners appointed by the Act of Parliament of 1791 for Dividing Allotting and Enclosing Holy Island Common. Shows proprietors’ names on property and land in the Village and the surrounding ancient enclosed Infield land. The rights of common attaching to this property and land were due to be abolished under the Act, and proprietors could claim compensation in the form of newly enclosed Common land on the Award of 18 July 1793. The plan was probably made in order to establish the holdings of individuals, and the value of their claim.