Castle Inn/Hotel, Marygate, Holy Island
History of the pub, including brief history of ownership of the building from the mid-1700s. First listed as an Inn 1855; tenant Thomas Thew. Subsequent ‘victuallers’ include Robert Clarke, Robert Brigham and his brother John Brigham. Rebuilt in the late 1890s; reopened as Castle Hotel with licencee Thomas Kyle followed by his son Robert Brigham Kyle and daughter Bella, with her husband George Renton.