Northumberland Arms, Marygate, Holy Island (now the Ship Inn)
History of the pub. Ownership of the building from 1744. Occupied by William Wilson by 1841; includes relationship to the Crossman family. Subsequent Innkeepers were William’s nephew Ralph Wilson; his son George William Wilson, whose son Ralph opened Holy Island’s Manor House Hotel, and his daughters ran the Lindisfarne Hotel, also on the Island. The Northumberland Arms was later owned and run by the Kyle family. Changed name to the Ship Inn in 1995.